I think I have been for a walk now every day since I bought my new shoes.
I have not lost a pound for like a month. Something needs to change.
I think I’m going to get one of those Nike foot monitors that syncs with my iPhone. I can better track my exorcising with that than the guestimations Ive been doing with “Lose it!”. I should also start tracking my food intake again.
During yesterdays walk I noticed that all the trees in town are starting to bud. Almost all the snow is gone – except for the bigger piles on the southern sides of the streets. Some people are already starting their yard work – the dump in the middle of my long walking route has already started to collect debris.
On the knitting front:
I have been obsessing about the Addi 8 inch circular needles. So much in fact that I ordered a pair last night from Paradise Fibers. Its been a long time since I bought anything from them, but lucky for me they still take PayPal and I had a LOT of money in my account. So I also bought 2 balls of superwash sock yarn. Its the same brand that I used to knit a small square shawl. The one the I started in March 08 and finished last year before Nadia was born. I have pictures of it blocking – luckily none of ME blocking it. OMG, I was over 9 months pregnant and who would think that kneeling on the floor with blocking wire and T pins would be so exhausting. It was quite the work out.
So after ordering the stuff, I sat down to work on my sock pattern. I decided that I needed to rip the whole thing out. Jim had suggested that jokingly, so I had him help wind one of the balls while we ripped it out. I was halfway through the heel and I was very unhappy with the “shadow wrap” short row method I tried for the toe. I also was unhappy with how the heel was going. I was using color work in the heel like i had for the toe, and the gauge was inconsistent. I guess that’s what happens when you knit fair isle backwards? I had done that for my gauge swatches on the wooden needles. I suppose I should check gauge when the new needle arrives. . . So after Jim and I ripped out the sock I unwound the balls on the swift and re wound them on the ball winder so that the center of the ball is the yarn I did not knit yet. It was good to see that I had hardly used any of the yarn to knit the foot of the first sock. I was getting worried that making a longer pair of socks would use up more than the 2 balls of yarn I purchased. My feet currently are a size 7 1/2 instead of 6 1/2 that I’m used to, but it does not appear that my sock size has changed much.
I have been thinking of some other patterns to write. I have an idea for a shawl. I have plenty of lace yarn to use. I could also use sock yarn – I have some wonderful alpaca yarn that might be too warm for my feet. . .
Nadia is trying to learn how to crawl. She makes the most amazing sounds while she lies face down on one of her blankets. I should post a picture one of these days…