It’s Sunday, so I am up making breakfast. Baking pumpkin muffins a la Smitten Kitchen. I cut the recipe in half and made another 1/2 batch gluten free. Both are in the oven right now. I hope they turn out.
I FINALLY finished the second sleeve last night. I wove in the ends on everything and knit the button bands and I need to pick up stitches for the neck. Once that’s done I need to sew the sleeves on and sew the button bands down. I have yet to pick out buttons. I had quite the time trying to figure out what kind of button holes to make and the selvedge stitches. The band are only 6 stitches wide and 1 stitch is extra.
It’s been cole enough to snow so I’d really like to finish this sweater and start to make some hats, socks and gloves. I am also thinking of modifying the hood pattern here
I hate hoods on sweaters, but I think one separate would be fantastic. Last year I thought a hood with an attached scarf would do the trick, but it gets incredibly cold here (colder than Alaska) and I want to be able to wear a scarf too if I need to AND this is snug enough that you don’t have to tighten it or keep pulling it down to keep your ears warm.
Talk about run on sentences.
Nadia will be my little guinea pig. We definitely need one that covers the forehead…